Covalon Announces Results of Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders
June 14th, 2013
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario – June 14, 2013 – /CNW/ - Covalon Technologies Ltd. (the "Company") (TSXV: COV), an advanced medical technologies company, held its Annual and Special Meeting of shareholders on June 13, 2013.
At the Meeting, approximately 85% of the represented Shares approved the consolidation of its issued and outstanding common shares (“Shares”) on the basis of 10 pre-consolidated Shares for each post-consolidation Share, subject to TSX Venture Exchange approval. Accordingly, the Company will commence the process of the Share consolidation.
In addition, approximately 99% of the represented Shares of disinterested shareholders approved a resolution allowing Abe Schwartz, the Company’s Chairman of the Board of Directors, to continue to financially support the Company by increasing his holdings in the Company, and thereby becoming a 'control person' as defined in the TSX Venture Exchange Corporate Finance Manual, through a negotiated private placement should it be deemed necessary by the Covalon Board (without the participation of Mr. Schwartz) and subject to TSX Venture Exchange approval.
Shareholders also approved the re-appointment of the Company’s Board of Directors, re-appointment of the Company’s auditors and the Company’s stock option plan.
Covalon Technologies Ltd. researches, develops and commercializes new healthcare technologies that help save lives around the world. Covalon's patented technologies, products and services address the advanced healthcare needs of medical device companies, healthcare providers and individual consumers. Covalon's technologies are used to prevent, detect and manage medical conditions in specialty areas such as wound care, tissue repair, infection control, disease management, medical device coatings and biocompatibility. To learn more about Covalon, visit our website at www.covalon.com
For further information please contact:
CEO, Covalon Technologies Ltd.
T: (905) 568-8400 x 233
F: (905) 568-5200
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
This news release contains forward-looking statements which reflect the Company's current expectations regarding future events. The forward-looking statements are often, but not always, identified by the use of words such as "seek", "anticipate", "plan, "estimate", "expect", "intend" and statements that an event or result "may", "will", "should", "could" or "might" occur or be achieved and other similar expressions. These forward-looking statements involve risk and uncertainties, including the difficulty in predicting product approvals, acceptance of and demands for new products, the impact of the products and pricing strategies of competitors, delays in developing and launching new products, the regulatory environment, fluctuations in operating results and other risks, any of which could cause results, performance, or achievements to differ materially from the results discussed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Many risks are inherent in the industry; others are more specific to the Company. Investors should consult the Company's ongoing quarterly filings for additional information on risks and uncertainties relating to these forward-looking statements. Investors should not place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements. The Company assumes no obligation to update or alter any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, further events or otherwise.
Click here to download the associated PDF
- Covalon Announces Results of Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders
- Covalon Announces Second Quarter Financial Results
- Covalon Proposes Share Consolidation
- Arab Health Magazine features SurgiClear article: The importance of wound dressings.
- Covalon’s ColActive Plus Receives Medicare Billing Codes in Advance of the Symposium on Advanced Wound Care in Denver
- Covalon Announces First Quarter Financial Results
- Covalon Announces Year End Financial Results and Resignation of Director
- Middle East Hospital Magazine calls SurgiClear a 'Best Of' Canadian MedTech
- Covalon Announces Departure of CFO
- IV Clear Recognized in Industry Webinar
- Today in PT Magazine Recognizes Value of SurgiClear
- Covalon Announces New Chairman and CFO
- Covalon Announces Closing of Non-Brokered Private Placement
- Covalon Provides Corporate Update and Third Quarter Fiscal 2012 Financial Results
- Covalon Announces FDA Clearance for SurgiClear™ Antimicrobial Silicone Wound Dressing
- Covalon to Present FDA Cleared IV Clear™ Antimicrobial Silicone Adhesive Dressing at FIME: the Largest International Medical Trade Fair and Congress in the United States
- Covalon Presents Its Latest Antimicrobial Products at APIC
- Covalon Provides Corporate Update and Second Quarter Fiscal 2012 Financial Results
- Covalon to Unveil its SilverCoat™ Antimicrobial Silicone Foley Catheter at the 2012 American Urological Association Annual Meeting in Atlanta
- Covalon Announces Major Milestone: Achieves FDA Approval for IV ClearTM – a Breakthrough Antimicrobial Silicone Adhesive Film Dressing for Securing Vascular Access Medical Devices
- Covalon to Showcase Innovative Products for Infusion Care at the 2012 Infusion Nurses Society
- Covalon to Feature New Advanced Wound Care Products at the Symposium on Advanced Wound Care in Atlanta
- Covalon Annual Shareholders Meeting To Be Held Thursday May 10th, 2012 at 3:30 pm
- Covalon Provides Corporate Update and First Quarter Fiscal 2012 Financial Results
- Covalon Provides Corporate Update and Year End Financial Results
- Covalon to Feature its Advanced Wound Care and Medical Coating Products at the Arab Health Congress in Dubai
- Medical Brief Premiere
- Covalon’s Chief Scientific Officer to Speak at BioInterface 2011
- Covalon to Showcase Breakthrough Surgical Wound Care Product at the American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress
- Covalon Announces Wound Care Distribution Agreement Into China
- Covalon Secures First Distribution Agreement in China
- Covalon Provides Corporate Update and Third Quarter Financial Results
- Covalon Announces Strategic Alliance and Investment by Mitec Telecom
- Covalon Announces Distribution Agreement
- Covalon to Present Its Latest Advanced Wound Care and Medical Coating Products at FIME Expo
- Covalon Announces the Issuance of Stock Options to Independent Directors
- Covalon Announces Date of Annual General Meeting and First Quarter Financial Results
- Covalon Announces Annual Financial Results
Recent Medical Briefs
June 14th, 2013
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario – June 14, 2013 – /CNW/ - Covalon Technologies Ltd. (the "Company") (TSXV: COV), an advanced medical technologies company, held its Annual and Special Meeting of shareholders on June 13, 2013. At the Meeting, approximately 85% of the represented Shares approved t... Read More
May 30th, 2013
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario – May 30, 2013 – /CNW/ - Covalon Technologies Ltd. (the "Company" or "Covalon") (TSXV: COV), an advanced medical technologies company, today announced financial results for its second quarter ended March 31, 2013. Revenue for the quarter was $529,853, operat... Read More
May 16th, 2013
Covalon Proposes Share Consolidation MISSISSAUGA, Ontario – May 16, 2013 – /CNW/ - Covalon Technologies Ltd. (the "Company") (TSXV: COV), an advanced medical technologies company, today announced the proposed consolidation of its issued and outstanding common shares (&ldquo... Read More
May 15th, 2013
The official magazine of the Middle East's largest healthcare exhibition and congress recently published an article entitled The Importance of Wound Dressings, authored by Covalon's own Chief Scientific Officer, Dr. Val DiTizio. You can read full article by clicking the link http://viewer.zmag... Read More
May 1st, 2013
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario – May 1, 2013 – /Newswire/ - Covalon Technologies Ltd. (the "Company" or Covalon") (TSXV: COV), an advanced medical technologies company, today announced its Collagen Matrix Dressings, ColActive® Plus and ColActive® Plus Ag have been assigned Healthcare ... Read More