- Covalon To Showcase New Wound Healing and Infection Management Products at MEDICA
- Covalon Announces Major License and Distribution Agreement with Molnlycke Health Care
- Covalon Receives Final TSXV Approval for Previously Announced Private Placement and Announces Issuance of Stock Options
- Covalon Announces Closing of Non-Brokered Private Placement
- Covalon Announces Non-Brokered Private Placement With Insiders Participating
- Covalon Announces Third Quarter Financial Results
- SurgiClear Nominated for ESP Award
- Covalon Announces Share Consolidation
- Covalon Announces Results of Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders
- Covalon Announces Second Quarter Financial Results
- Covalon Proposes Share Consolidation
- Arab Health Magazine features SurgiClear article: The importance of wound dressings.
- Covalon’s ColActive Plus Receives Medicare Billing Codes in Advance of the Symposium on Advanced Wound Care in Denver
- Covalon Announces First Quarter Financial Results
- Covalon Announces Year End Financial Results and Resignation of Director
- Middle East Hospital Magazine calls SurgiClear a 'Best Of' Canadian MedTech
- IV Clear Recognized in Industry Webinar
- Covalon Announces Departure of CFO
- Today in PT Magazine Recognizes Value of SurgiClear
- Covalon Announces New Chairman and CFO
- Covalon Announces Closing of Non-Brokered Private Placement
- Covalon Provides Corporate Update and Third Quarter Fiscal 2012 Financial Results
- Covalon Announces FDA Clearance for SurgiClear™ Antimicrobial Silicone Wound Dressing
- Covalon to Present FDA Cleared IV Clear™ Antimicrobial Silicone Adhesive Dressing at FIME: the Largest International Medical Trade Fair and Congress in the United States
- Covalon Presents Its Latest Antimicrobial Products at APIC
- Covalon Provides Corporate Update and Second Quarter Fiscal 2012 Financial Results
- Covalon to Unveil its SilverCoat™ Antimicrobial Silicone Foley Catheter at the 2012 American Urological Association Annual Meeting in Atlanta
- Covalon Announces Major Milestone: Achieves FDA Approval for IV ClearTM – a Breakthrough Antimicrobial Silicone Adhesive Film Dressing for Securing Vascular Access Medical Devices
- Covalon to Showcase Innovative Products for Infusion Care at the 2012 Infusion Nurses Society
- Covalon to Feature New Advanced Wound Care Products at the Symposium on Advanced Wound Care in Atlanta
- Covalon Annual Shareholders Meeting To Be Held Thursday May 10th, 2012 at 3:30 pm
- Covalon Provides Corporate Update and First Quarter Fiscal 2012 Financial Results
- Covalon Provides Corporate Update and Year End Financial Results
- Covalon to Feature its Advanced Wound Care and Medical Coating Products at the Arab Health Congress in Dubai
- Medical Brief Premiere
- Covalon’s Chief Scientific Officer to Speak at BioInterface 2011
- Covalon to Showcase Breakthrough Surgical Wound Care Product at the American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress
- Covalon Announces Wound Care Distribution Agreement Into China
- Covalon Secures First Distribution Agreement in China
- Covalon Provides Corporate Update and Third Quarter Financial Results
- Covalon Announces Strategic Alliance and Investment by Mitec Telecom
- Covalon Announces Distribution Agreement
- Covalon to Present Its Latest Advanced Wound Care and Medical Coating Products at FIME Expo
- Covalon Announces the Issuance of Stock Options to Independent Directors
- Covalon Announces Date of Annual General Meeting and First Quarter Financial Results
- Covalon Announces Annual Financial Results
Covalon’s Chief Scientific Officer to Speak at BioInterface 2011
October 24th, 2011
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario – October 24, 2011 – /CNW/ - Covalon Technologies Ltd. (the "Company" or "Covalon") (TSXV: COV), an advanced medical technologies company, today announced that Dr. Val DiTizio, Chief Scientific Officer and co-founder of Covalon will be speaking at this year’s BioInterface 2011 Workshop and Symposium held from October 24th to 26th in Bloomington, Minnesota.
Dr. Val DiTizio, Ph.D. will be presenting ‘Bioactive Organic Coatings for Orthopedic Devices’ to a cross section of industry, academic, regulatory and clinical professionals from a variety of disciplines on Wednesday October 26, at 3:40 pm Central Time. Dr. DiTizio has over 20 years of experience creating bioactive surfaces and holds a masters and a doctorate from the University of Toronto. Dr. DiTizio holds a number of patents in the areas of surface modification, liposomal delivery systems, collagen matrices and antimicrobial medical devices.
Dr. DiTizio states, “A new generation of materials and devices are addressing the challenges of improving performance through deliberate manipulation of biological activities. The addition of “smart coatings” to orthopedic devices can lead to many useful and clinically relevant properties.”
The BioInterface conference is focused on providing a venue where the most recent innovations and ideas can be presented and discussed. A broad range of topics covered by the conference include biomaterials, surface modification of devices, wound healing, drug delivery, and regulatory issues. The conference has a strong applied focus and brings together representatives from industry, academic, clinical and regulatory communities.
“We are honored to have Dr. DiTizio present at this year’s BioInterface Symposium," said Brian Pedlar, Chief Executive Officer of Covalon. "Dr. DiTizio is one of the world leaders in the field of combining medical devices and bioactive organic coatings. His work over the past twelve years as Chief Scientific Officer with Covalon has generated a deep portfolio of proprietary intellectual property and medical device achievements. The scientific team from Covalon's large and small medical device customers have truly benefited from Val's knowledge and experience as they tackle challenges associated with introducing bioactive coated devices into the medical marketplace."
To learn more about Covalon’s products and services, please contact Brian Pedlar, CEO Covalon Technologies Ltd. at firstname.lastname@example.org
Covalon Technologies Ltd. researches, develops and commercializes new healthcare technologies that help save lives around the world. Covalon's patented technologies, products and services address the advanced healthcare needs of medical device companies, healthcare providers and individual consumers. Covalon's technologies are used to prevent, detect and manage medical conditions in specialty areas such as wound care, tissue repair, infection control, disease management, medical device coatings and biocompatibility. To learn more about Covalon, visit our website at www.covalon.com
For further information please contact:
CEO, Covalon Technologies Ltd.
T: (905) 568-8400 x 233
F: (905) 568-5200
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
This news release contains forward-looking statements which reflect the Company's current expectations regarding future events. The forward-looking statements are often, but not always, identified by the use of words such as "seek", "anticipate", "plan, "estimate", "expect", "intend" and statements that an event or result "may", "will", "should", "could" or "might" occur or be achieved and other similar expressions. These forward-looking statements involve risk and uncertainties, including the difficulty in predicting product approvals, acceptance of and demands for new products, the impact of the products and pricing strategies of competitors, delays in developing and launching new products, the regulatory environment, fluctuations in operating results and other risks, any of which could cause results, performance, or achievements to differ materially from the results discussed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Many risks are inherent in the industry; others are more specific to the Company. Investors should consult the Company's ongoing quarterly filings for additional information on risks and uncertainties relating to these forward-looking statements. Investors should not place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements. The Company assumes no obligation to update or alter any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, further events or otherwise.
Click here to download the associated PDF