We are currently hiring:
OEM Sales Manager
We are currently seeking a motivated, energetic and results oriented OEM Sales Manager to join our Mississauga Head Office or work remotely from the North Easter United Sates.
If you feel under-appreciated and under-challenged in your current role and are the type to jump at an opportunity to join a team that loves what they do, takes pride in how they do it, and cares about those people they do it with, we think you can be successful at Covalon Technologies Ltd.
Covalon is a Canadian public medical technologies company facing significant growth opportunities and change. We are currently engaged in one of the fastest growing markets; Healthcare. We specialize in research, development, and commercialization of advanced tissue repair applications, infection control, and specialized coatings for medical and consumer products. We offer a unique work style and culture fueled by passion, innovation, accountability and a commitment to give customers more.
The OEM Sales Manager will work closely with the Director of OEM and Strategic Business, in a customer facing role, where you will be primarily responsible for, and focused on, new customer acquisition (B2B sales), identifying new OEM opportunities, perform screening activities to qualify leads, preparing and delivering revenue generating proposals/projects, making formal and informal presentations, complete follow-up calls to prospective OEM partners and help move business opportunities forward. In addition, the OEM Sales Manager is required to remain engaged and participate in closing deals and helping to manage the customer interface.
To thrive in this role, you’ll need to be performance driven, results oriented with a demonstrated ability to secure new business through strong communication and presentation skills. You are a seasoned professional with a proven track record of identifying and generating new business opportunities and expanding current customer relationships through outside sales activities, prospecting, and relationship building and account support. The right candidate will play an integral part in the future expansion of our company. This is a unique opportunity and the role can be designed to fit the strengths and interests of the right candidate.
Identifying sales leads (primary responsibility):
- Performing prospecting and screening activities to identify qualified customers for new business development (B2B sales);
- Maintaining accurate up-to-date sales pipeline and forecasts;
- Cold-calling and networking with new and existing customers to generate leads;
- Traveling to, and representing Covalon at various Trade Shows and Conferences;
- Participating in various networking opportunities (travel is required).
Developing leads into sales opportunities:
- Qualifying sales leads and building a funnel of opportunities that are aligned with OEM business unit’s objectives and targets;
- Making formal and informal presentations and follow-up calls to prospective new business accounts
- Generating market intel relevant to current and future customers
- Collaborating with appropriate internal resources to move opportunities through the sales cycle.
Closing Deals and Account Management:
- Collaborating with the OEM business unit to successfully close deals around the globe;
- Setting and meeting quarterly revenue and customer related targets;
- Maintaining account relations and managing the customer interface;
- Achieving team deliverables for product application projects;
- Reviewing and negotiating business terms of an agreement that lead to legal compliance and execution.
- Minimum a B.Sc. or B.B.A degree, preferably post-graduate degree.
- Marketing and Sales Experience Required;
- Four (4) years’ experience in medical device, pharmaceuticals or biotechnology field, in product development, R&D or sales;
- 4+ years’ experience in application development and technical oversight in relevant medical fields;
- Strong understanding of the sales processes and methodologies;
- Basic technical understanding of medical devices and polymer chemistry;
- Experience in prospecting, qualifying, negotiating and closing OEM deals, and/or B2B sales in the medical device market is preferred.
- Self-motivated, creative and relentless in order to identify and secure new customers;
- Excellent communication, organization, presentation, negotiation, interpersonal and team skills;
- Strong Project Management Skills Required;
- Able to build strong customer relationships and proven ability to close business;
- Computer savvy (MS Office suite) with specific emphasis on PowerPoint presentations;
- Strong financial and analytical skills with exceptional attention to detail is an asset.
- Ability to work effectively both within a team and independently;
- Professional, enthusiastic with an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Willing to take the initiative and self-starter;
- Goal oriented to achieve targets through self-motivation, persistence and determination.
Your salary will be market competitive and commensurate with your experience and expectations. We have an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, life, and more. Opportunities for participation in individual and corporate bonus plans and our stock option plan can make for a lucrative upside to your remuneration.
If you are the right person for us and you think we may be the right people for you, please apply, including your cover letter telling us why you’d be perfect for this career opportunity!
Covalon is compliant with the Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you have a disability, please let us know how we can accommodate you.
Please e-mail HR@covalon.com with OEM Sales Manager in the subject line.